"Stiff Hall":

Dissecting Hall, or commonly referred to as "Stiff Hall", like the charnel at the bottom of the Anatomical Theatre, was another space to "officially" dispose of a body. "Stiff Hall" was constructed in 1833 and then demolished by 1928. Inside there was a vault for the disposal of bodies, and it also served as another lecture and dissection space for the Medical School. The University also converted a former dining hall of Hotel A into a Physiological Laboratory in the 1910s. Our sources indicate that both of these spaces were used for the disposal of bodily remains. 

      Photo, "Stiff Hall," date unknown, Special Collections, UVA.